Saturday, May 14, 2011

Emmanzaa Day #7: FiNaLe

Okay so I'm a little slow at posting this last one...SOOO my 25th Birthday was FANTASTIC!! I am grateful to have lived this short...and I'm grateful for the next 75 years that I have left! So in order to celebrate the final day of Emmanzaa...I thought that I would spread the love by passing on some goodness to others that I had received from another. I have great friends, they are the best and I am just so grateful for them!

So I had this delectable goodness called, "BYU Mint Brownies," if you've had them, you know what I'm talking about. I had a little box of them and I was going to go home and share them with my roommates, but as I was walking home, I walked past the bus stop and I just felt really strongly that I needed to give them to this girl that was sitting there.



It was like one of those things, I'm sure you've all had them...where you just get this feeling or thought that pops in your head and you're like..."Wait, a minute...I need to do something for this person." I've learned that it's always a good thing to listen to this little voice in your head, some people call this your conscience or an inner voice or their personal Jiminy Cricket...but whatever you think, believe, feel about it, I feel like it's always a great thing to listen to. So I stopped mid-step and stood by the people in the bus stop. Then I was like...okay this is weird because she's probably going to think, "Who's this crazy chick that's giving me brownies?" So, I just waited there awkwardly there for a little bit, and stared at my phone, pretending that I was looking up something...then I got up the courage and gave the box to a girl. She was taken aback at first when I asked her if she liked brownies, but then she just got this HUGE smile on her face and thanked me.



Lesson learned through this experience: a lot of the times when we think that people won't like something that we do for them, we're wrong and they're very appreciative for the things that we do for them...so as Steve Urkel would say, "Don't fret, my pet!" I think a lot of the time, we worry about what other people think and really, they don't care, and if they do care, then who cares! :) When you feel like you need to help someone or do something for them, DO IT! Don't worry about what they're going to think, say, etc. But just follow those feelings. You'll be blessed for it...and more importantly THEY will be blessed for it. (Stepping off the soap box now...)

I have loved my Emmanzaa experience and although I might not blog about my experiences everyday from now on about how I was able to look out of my selfish self and help people around me, I hope and plan to have these little "Emmanzaa" experiences everyday.

Life is great. Heavenly Father is so good to His children and I know that I need to treat others as such, Children of God, my brothers and sisters. It kills me when I think about how many world problems we could solve, if every person understood this concept. :)

OK..so here's the end of Emmanzaa....I'm super excited for my 30th birthday because there will definitely be a HUGE celebration!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

EM

No comments:

Post a Comment