Monday, May 9, 2011

Emmanzaa Day #4

Okay, I forgot to post this last night. So for Emmanzaa Day #4: I was able to celebrate my Emmanzaa gift or service of the day by making dinner for my fantastic roommates and Spencer (my roommate's BF, who is like another roommate). It was a lot of fun!! We had Hawaiian Haystacks and for dessert, we experimented and made these apple pie turnover things...they didn't turn out half bad...so for a summary of the day, it was great!!



I've been studying and listening to General Conference talks that talk about service and giving back to others. I really loved this talk that I listened to yesterday by Ann Dibb called "I Believe in Being Honest and True." She talked about the importance of keeping our integrity and being true in all that we do. It made me think about different experiences and situations I've been put in my life where I had to choose whether to be honest or just fib a little bit. I'm not perfect by any means, but I am grateful that I have strived to be an honest person and treat others honestly. When we look at the world and ALL the dishonest people and actions that happen daily, I am grateful for people who have integrity and believe in it! :) There are SO many good people in the world who are honest and true and I am grateful to some of them! :)

Sometimes I wonder if I'm completely honest with those around me. Am I treating them the way that the Savior would treat them? Am I helping and reaching out to those in need? Isn't this honesty in a way, of how we treat other people? ANYWAY...these are just some of the thoughts that I've been having. Life is SO great! The past four days have been fantastic, because I've been trying to think more about how I can get out of myself and find ways to give back and serve others. I've learned this many times before, that service brings great happiness, but sometimes I think we can get SO consumed in our own lives, that we forget.

Okay, well this is more of a serious post, but hope that you enjoyed it! Continue to check in for more Emmanzaa adventures and if you have any exciting experiences of your own, please feel free to share!!!

Lots of LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

EM

No comments:

Post a Comment