Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Emmanzaa Day #6: I Love to See the Temple!!!

So today was a different type of service which is honestly, mostly a service to myself. Today I went to the temple and feel of the goodness of life and the love of our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. Whenever I go into this beautiful and sacred place, I can't help but feel completely floored by the love that my Heavenly Father has for me and for everyone that has ever lived, lives and will ever live! We are SO SO SO blessed.



I am grateful for so many things. The greatest thing about the temple is that it is a place where families can enter into covenants or promises with God that last for not only this life, but for the eternities. I know that is true. This life is just a step to greater blessings and happiness that I can't comprehend!! I love the scripture in the Book of Mormon, where King Benjamin talks about how if we keep the commandments of God, we will receive EVERLASTING happiness! I often marvel at that concept because at times in this world of darkness, gloom and destruction, it is hard for people to feel joy and hope. That is the power of the temple, because in there we can feel of that everlasting happiness that King Benjamin was talking about! I love it. I don't deserve it many times, but I'm grateful for a loving Father in Heaven and Savior who love me so much that They have provided a way for me and all of mankind to receive that happiness.

Every commandment that God gives His children is for our benefit. I know that's true. I love the temple. I love eternal families. I love the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon, because they all testify of Jesus Christ.

Life is great. Tomorrow is the big day...WOO HOO!! Get excited!!

Lots of LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!

EM

No comments:

Post a Comment