Friday, May 6, 2011

Day #2: Emmanzaa Extravaganza!!!

Oh my goodness!! Today was the best day EVER!! (This is what my nieces say all the time...it makes me laugh.) But no, really it has been a FANTABULOUS day!!! To commemorate Emmanzaa, my dear roommate, ShaNae, or as I like to call her...Nae Nae!!...and I decided to spread the love of service and joy to everyone that we could find at BYU's Harold B. Lee Library. You might be familiar with this library because you spent countless hours of death studying in it OR you saw this fantastic video filmed in it. So we picked up some colorful gerber daisies from the Maceys Store in Provo and we put them in Nae's Easter basket and we paraded around the library, giving them to people to cheer up their day.

At first, we were just like, "Happy Emmanzaa!" to everyone that we met and gave a flower to, but then people starting asking questions about what Emmanzaa was...so I kind of just made up a little spiel that went a little like this:

"Happy Emmanzaa!! We are celebrating this National Holiday of goodness, love and service. It's commemorating 25 years of service, goodness and love. So spread the love to other people and do something good for them!"

Then people would look at me and they were like, "Emmanzaa?? How do you spell that, what is that?" So I told them to Google it, which if you do Google it...we tried, and put Emmanzaa and holiday...it totally links you to this blog.

Here is a little clip of how it all went down:



My favorite response of the night is when I went up to this girl and asked her if she liked the color pink (because I was going to give her a pink flower) and she was like, "No." Then I went through all of the colors that I had one by one...and she said, "No" to all of them...so then I asked her, "Do you like flowers?" She smiled and then I just said..."Well, I'm just going to give you a pink one...HAPPY EMMANZAA!"

Here's a little explanation of how Nae and I felt after the deed was done: I was going to post a video, but it's too big...so check it out on my Facebook page.

Oh how I love seeing people smile and be happy! Honestly, if you're ever having a bad day...just SMILE at someone...or give random people flowers...or just LAUGH at yourself when you drop things on the floor, 5 times in a row (that happened to me today). Or tell jokes, they don't have to be funny...but people will appreciate it if you give it a try or just laugh at you, which is fun...so it all works out!

Okay so this is the end of my post...YAY for life! It's SO SO SO great and...HAPPY EMMANZAA...remember it's a National Holiday!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!

EM

No comments:

Post a Comment