Tuesday, June 28, 2011

An Embem Summer...

The past couple of weeks have been fantastic! Okay, so parts of the past couple of weeks have been fantastic. But when I reflect upon my life…how can I not think that my life is fantastic? Sure, there definitely are moments in life where we freak out and think, "Oh my goodness…what am I doing with my life?" This has been my thought process for the past two months! :) BUT…I love how talking with certain people, mainly my Mom, helps me put things into perspective.

This lady right here, the one in the green…is my inspiration.
She has a way of helping every person feel that they are special, loved
and
honestly the most important person in the world. When I think of who I have learned the most from in my life, I think ofmy wonderful parents, and especially my mother. Both of my parents have taught me wonderful principles and been fabulous examples, but my Mom and I share a special bond…probably because I'm very similar to her and how she was when she was my age. Yep, she's crazy, fun-loving, outgoing and at times a little too enthusiastic for some… ;). (When my mom was an early morning seminary teacher (this is a church scripture class for 14-18 yr. olds that meets M-F at 6 a.m.), she would have her students sing this upbeat song to get them excited for the class…let's just say that were some who weren't as enthusiastic to sing at 6 a.m.
She is a woman of great faith, courage and wisdom. I ADORE this woman and pray that one day…I can be almost as good as her.

So my Mom is the best. So is my Dad. And I adore my siblings and nieces and nephews. One thing that was a blast last week, was my brother and sister-in-law and their kids came down to visit. SO great! We ended up chatting 'til 1 a.m. and it was just such a delight. I LOVE my family! A couple of Sundays ago, I was over at my sister's house and we ended up "Facetiming" with my Dad (for Father's Day) and the rest of the family. We all talked for about 4 hours…it was FANTASTIC! I think I've used fantastic at leas
t 10 times in this blog post, but that's how honestly I feel right now. :)

So…there really isn't a point to this blog post, or at least a theme per se…I'm just rambling…as usual, BUT can I just say that life is good? LIFE IS GOOD! :)

Oh…I got a haircut! I was so tired of having longish hair and it's so stinking hot…so I chopped it…and I LOVE it! :) So here it is:

OH! Also…on June 24th…I hit my year mark of being home from a mission…more to come later.




1 comment:

  1. Holy Cow I can't believe you've been home a year!! Time sure flies huh? Each year gets better ;) Love the hair cut girl!

    ReplyDelete